So you have your book ready and now what? You got your website ready and no visitors visit?
How do you get readers to your site, and explore your site and discover your book?
There are a few ways:
1. Write one blog post a day and post on your site. Except there are over 350 million blogs.
2. Write articles and post them on ezines—we’ll touch on this in another post.
3. Write for bloggers, except that each one probably would want an original, which means you’d have to spend your days writing two to three original copy a day. Even then you’d have to be sure you post in the appropriate blog sites with enough traffics…otherwise you’ll hear….crickets…maybe not even that.
4. In my opinion the fastest and most efficient way is to advertise. But trust me, I’ve gone down this path and you’d better be sure the advertisers you choose have the right sort of traffic, and have a responsive readership.
Here is a list of advertisers I’d recommend. I have tried many of these.
A word of advice.
Before you dump some cash into these sites, be sure your website is ready to capture emails and you have a lead magnet, otherwise also called a reader magnet if you’re offering a book of some sort. This way when readers come to your site they will more likely to leave you their email and you can contact them and let them know about your future books, offerings, or special deals.
When I had my book Dead Dreams advertised on Book Bub I had thousands of downloads but alas I knew nothing about book marketing and wasted the opportunity to reach out to these readers. I’d sent the readers directly to my amazon book page. (Which is normal) except there was nothing in my ebook then that direct people to my site. So here are the steps:
1. Make sure you have a reader magnet (an offer that excites your reader) in the front matter and the same offer in the back cover of the book you are advertising.
2. Readers can only download this when they click on the link which brings them to your website which will have an opt in box and the offer.
3. Have an auto responder to deliver the reader magnet.
4. Write 4-5 emails and have this uploaded in your auto responder system so after your lead magnet is already delivered there will other emails that will get to your readers—I will walk you through this in another post.
You may be wondering what you could possibly be writing to these readers. There are a few ways to approach this. If you write non-fiction, it will be different than if you have fiction.
So, we’ll talk this over in two different posts.
All for now.
Emma Right is a multiple award-winning and bestselling author and award-winning copywriter. When not busy caring for her homeschooled children and unschooled pets, she mentors wannabe authors to write and publish their first book, as well maximize their author business.
One promotion strategy can get you more readers, drive people to your book
How to increase social media shares of your posts by 40 times!
Why your book marketing efforts should include a book trailer
How to get your book into libraries
List Building Tips For The Savvy Book Marketer
Marketing Mindset to Boost Your Book Success